Community Engagement Producer/General Manager (part-time)
Baseless Fabric are currently seeking a Community Engagement Producer / General Manager to organise our 2024 programme of work including Skills Sharing Workshops for practitioners new to opera, primary school opera workshops, concerts for elderly groups & the auditions and R&D of our new street opera adaptation where we re-imagine a classic opera for pop up high street performances.
– 2 to 2.5 days per week (flexible days though must be during the working week Mon-Fri 9-5 and cannot be 2 consecutive days. Half days or Tues/Thurs or Tues/Fri would be ideal)
– End Feb/early March 2024 – Dec 2024 contract with the possibility to extend (funding dependent)
– Working from home with some work around Wimbledon, South London.
– £160 a day freelance contract for approx 100 days overall
Deadline: 22nd January 2024
Interviews (via zoom): Friday 26th January & Wednesday 31st January 2024
- A minimum of 1 year working in a producing role, or similar, within the opera/theatre/live performance industry.
– Project management skills, including communicating with and coordinating a small team of artists and liaising with venues by phone/ email.
– Organised and self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
– A skilled and personable communicator able to communicate effectively with professional artists and their agents, school teachers, community partners and reporting to the Artistic Director.
– Passionate about innovative modern opera ensuring people from all backgrounds but particularly non-traditional arts participants and audiences have the opportunity to experience and learn about high quality professional opera and theatre.
– DBS checked and previous experience working with schools, young people and/or community groups.
– Proficient designing print & online materials (eg using Photoshop or similar).
– Experience of working as part of a small team
– Experienced at planning, collecting & evaluating feedback for reporting to funders.
To apply please send a CV and short cover letter detailing your relevant experience to Artistic Director Joanna Turner at [email protected]. Alternatively, applicants are welcome to send applications in a different format, such as submitting a video instead of a cover letter. Videos should be a maximum of 3-4 mins.
We would also be grateful if you could fill in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (this is not attached to your application and is anonymous).
We encourage people from any background to apply for this position particularly those traditionally under-represented in the arts.