Community Engagement Producer/General Manager (part-time)
Baseless Fabric are currently seeking a Community Engagement Producer / General Manager to organise our upcoming opera workshops for local schools in the summer term. There also may be projects for the elderly to organise (funding/Covid restrictions dependent)
– 16 hours/ 2 days per week (flexible though most hours must be during the working week Mon-Fri 9-5)
– Mid March – End July contract with the possibility to extend (depending on Covid restrictions on our upcoming projects)
– Working from home with some work around Wimbledon, South London post-lockdown.
– £125 a day freelance
Deadline: 21st February 2021
Interviews (via zoom): Friday 26th February & Tuesday 2nd March 2021
- A minimum of 1 year working in a producing role, or similar, within the opera/theatre/live performance industry.
– Project management skills, including communicating with and coordinating a small team of artists and liaising with venues by phone/ email.
– Organised and self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
– A skilled and personable communicator able to communicate effectively with professional artists and their agents, school teachers, our community partners and reporting to the Artistic Director.
– Passionate about innovative modern opera ensuring people from all backgrounds but particularly non-traditional arts participants and audiences have the opportunity to experience and learn about high quality professional opera and theatre.
– DBS checked and previous experience working with schools/young people.
– Proficient designing print & online materials (eg using Photoshop).
– Proficient video editing skills (if our workshops need to change to an online format).
– Experienced at planning, collecting & evaluating feedback for reporting to funders.
To apply please send a CV and short cover letter detailing your relevant experience to Artistic Director Joanna Turner at [email protected]. Alternatively, applicants are welcome to send applications in a different format, such as submitting a video instead of a cover letter. Videos should be a maximum of 3-4 mins.
We would also be grateful if you could fill in our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (this is not attached to your application and is anonymous).
We encourage people from any background to apply for this position.