“A unique company that creates unique experiences”
Baseless Fabric create and share re-imagined opera & theatre performances for people who might not otherwise get to experience them, or who simply need a little moment of awe in their day. In a world of the cost of living crisis, grey town centres and the day to day, we believe in the power of the arts to make us look up, look around and look at ourselves. And that’s why Baseless Fabric brings magical moments into unexpected places like high streets, shopping centres, primary schools and carehomes. We passionately believe that opportunities for joy, connection and learning are vital for people’s wellbeing and the strength of our communities, now more than ever – and that this shouldn’t only be available in exclusive theatres and opera houses for those who can afford it. We are committed to embedding our work within our local area in London Borough of Merton/Wandsworth, South London, as well as raising our national profile for unique and innovative work.
We partner with:
- Local schools and children’s groups to offer complimentary workshops to teach young people about opera and theatre.
- Local elderly organisations & carehomes to offer concerts to engage older people with live classical music
- Local businesses by performing in their premises to bring people into spaces they might not otherwise visit.
- Local individuals by providing opportunities for people of all ages to be involved in our professional productions as volunteers.
- Local arts students by offering them their first professional credit.