Swiss-Canadian tenor Simon Gfeller studied with Gail Desmarais in Montréal, with Adrian Thompson at the GSMD and attended the Franz-Schubert Institut (Vienna).
Recent engagements include Lysander in A Fairy Queen at Iford Festival, Ubaldo in Donizetti’s Pia de Tolomei with English Touring Opera as well as Scythian Guard Iphigenie en Tauride, Pete Peterson Paul Bunyan, 2nd Priest (and cover Tamino) Die Zauberflöte also for ETO.
He recently sang Florestan in Die Schumann Sonate for TAKK Theatre Lichtenstein & STOCK Theatre Zurich, the title role of Glück’s Antigono with Ensemble Serse and 6th Servant in Strauss’ Capriccio for ROH, Covent Garden.
Other operatic credits include, Billy Mahagonny-Songspiel, Armed Man Die Zauberflöte, Alfred Die Fledermaus, for companies such as London Philharmonic Orchestra, Opéra de Montréal and British Youth Opera.
Performances in the 2017/18 season include Beethoven 9th at St-John’s College Cambridge, Goro in Madam Butterfly for Iford Arts Festival and Mahler’s DAS LIED VON DER ERDE for English National Ballet on tour and at London Coliseum.
Related Blog Posts:
- "Altogether I’m sure Mozart would agree it couldn’t be bettered!”
- Introducing the Cosi Fan Tutte 2018 Cast
- Team Cosi Fan Tutte at the Offies Awards Ceremony!
- Excited about singing in the supermarket? We ask our Cosi cast....
- Cosi Fan Tutte Cast Announced
- Which Cosi character would you most like to go on a date with?