Your personal privacy is important to us. This policy explains how we collect, store, manage, process, and protect your personal information. It lets you know the types of information we might hold, how and where we’ll use it once it’s been collected and how we will keep it safe. We’ll always aim to be very clear when we ask you to share any information with us and won’t do anything with it that is unexpected.
We will only use information about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and other relevant legislation and regulations.
By submitting your personal data you are taken to accept the terms of this Policy, so please read it carefully.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA MAY WE COLLECT?
We will collect and keep information which identifies you only if you sign up to our mailing list, make a donation, purchase a ticket to an event, take part in a workshop or if you work with Baseless Fabric in a paid or voluntary capacity. Such personal information includes:
Your name and your email address.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We process your personal information:
- to acknowledge, confirm and deal with your subscription to our newsletter.
- where we are asked to deal with any enquiries or complaints you make.
- to contact you in connection with audience / participant feedback forms and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
We will never share your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information.
When we run activities in partnership with other organisations we will only share your data with them if you have given us permission to do so.
4. PAYMENT INFORMATION
Baseless Fabric is a registered charity. We fundraise from individuals, companies and foundations who want to support our mission.
Any credit/debit card payments and other payments you make will be processed by our third-party payment providers and the payment data you submit will be securely stored and encrypted by our payment service providers using up to date industry standards.
When we collect personal data from you we store it under strict safekeeping and confidentiality measures. We use technical and organisational security measures to protect it against misuse. Any external providers we use to process your data (for instance, ticket booking and donations services) must meet our security policies and comply with all relevant legislation about how they store and process your data.
6. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Data protection laws give you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you. You may also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; or where the processing of your personal data is causing unwarranted damage or distress; or, ask us to delete or correct any personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or no longer relevant.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed; the right of access; the right to rectification; the right to erasure; the right to restrict processing; the right to data portability; the right to object; and the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us as described in the CONTACT section below. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
7. POLICY REVIEW
This policy will be reviewed and updated annually by the Board of Trustees. It was last amended on 17th Feb 2019.
Baseless Fabric Theatre, WimbleTech Zone 1, Wimbledon Reference Library, Wimbledon Hill Road, London, SW19 7NB